Yay!


After days (or weeks or months) of complaining about Harrisburg’s weather yesterday afternoon was the difference I’ve been waiting…

I came out from work and it was sunny, blue skies, and warm… yes warm! I almost had to pinch myself to make sure I was not dreaming…It was actually a reality! It was a perfect (if it is such a thing as perfection) afternoon… it finally felt like spring!

I went back to my sanctuary = apartment (btw still no furniture and I might not have some in sometime… that’s another story but let’s put it this way BillMeLater is the worse, liars, criminals company in the net!) and changed into my running clothes… put my running-training shoes on and hit the road!

I crossed my street and started to run along the river… crossed an old bridge to City Island…came back to Downtown… ran more along the river… overall I did one hour! That’s probably the longest I’ve ran in a while or at least since I moved up here.

Everyone was out enjoying the beautiful afternoon… runners… bikers… walkers… people walking their dogs… couples holding hands… I really was happy!

Today the weather has changed again. It is very windy and chill… the weather here is so strange, can change so easily… But regardless of I am still happy for such a beautiful afternoon yesterday! Tonight I am hitting the gym… thus far I’ve managed to run Monday and Tuesday so gym tonight. I’ve been waking up early each day this week thinking “I’m going running” but the morning is cold that I just jumped back to bed… ahhhh lazy… but I hope I will get this “running in the morning” routing in my system so I can really get back in shape to do more…

2 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    Marcela-Missed you in Asheville this weekend. Ran 10K race in Black Mtn on Saturday and spent 3+ hrs out biking with AWCC on Sunday!!! Come visit soon.

  2. Yoshitoshi said...

    Ahhh lucky you 3+ hrs of bliss biking!!! I am going to get me a road bike so at least I can do that while hopefully I find some mtns around here and then do some mtn biking. I will try to visit... at least maybe in the summer!



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.