Run At The Rock = Lots of Fun!

Yes friends the "Run At he Rock" 7 miles trail running ended up being the most fun I've had in a race thus far! I feel like I've found another "niche" and now that I've done trail running I can't see myself doing road running... trail running is much more fun and challenging... at least I felt it that way.

In addition, this is the furthest running I've done in my life! For real! I think the max I've ran is 3 miles or so... and all on the road or treadmill nothing for real in a trail situation and nothing in a race, of course...

Long story short:
- Get up early to travel 3+ hrs to Burlington NC.
- Got speeding ticket at Winston-Salem for going 20 mph over the limit LOL LOL OMG! I had not idea I was going that fast I was just thinking I was going to be late for the race... Now I have to appear in court, darned!
- Got to the race just in time to get my number, put on my chip, run to the starting line, and run again... no time for warming up or/and stretching after being in the car for so long.
- Did I mention it was a cold morning???
- Ran and the more I did the better I felt... I started to pass people and passed more and got in a good rhythm; attacking the hills and approaching the trailS in the same way I do when I mtn bike.
- When I reached the 3 miles mark I thought, "ok there is just 1 more to go" that was my mentality at each mile... and it made the whole experience nice!

The official time was 1:16:50 and finished 10th in my group (30-39) and 245 from 700 people... not bad! Especially taking into consideration that I haven't trained at all and that, as I mentioned before, I've never done any trail running-race and long distance running.

I am so proud of myself and this is giving me even more motivation to get back to my exercising routine...

Hitting the gym tonight!

0 comments:



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.