Food

Last night while talking on the phone with Miss Karen she pointed out that I have a “photographic food mind” or something like that because it seems I’ve posted plenty of pictures of food in my blog.

I never had someone pointing that out and I never even thought about it! Therefore, today I went thru my blog and indeed I have a collection of food pictures LOL…

I think everyone has their own “thing” they like to take pictures of and I guess my “thing” is food.

I actually find food interesting, I love to eat but the most interesting aspect of it is and what attracts me is actually the amount of food that Americans serve/eat… gosh it is always the “extra-extra more in your plate for your money” deal.

I mean look at this breakfast (see picture above) this is the “Capitol Breakfast,” for $7.35 (plus taxes of course) you get the following:
- 2 elephant eggs (LOL LOL the elephant is for the size not because they are elephant eggs LOL)
- Like a pound of home-fries (oh they were good!!!)
- A bunch of bacon strips
- 2 huge French toast
- Unlimited coffee

I guarantee you that breakfast was more than the 2000 calories daily “normal” intake! Of course, I ate almost all of it… you know wasting food is a sin LOL, but that was the meal of the day! I was not able to eat anything else! And that day (Sunday) I burned a lot of it by going 5 times up and down 41 steps to my apartment (I was moving boxes from the hotel to my new place which it is not ready yet… that’s another story…). I think most Americans eat that for breakfast and/or lunch and then have dinner and others might have some munchies too!

My work trainers always keep on talking about how come French people can eat all they eat and not be overweight… my co-worker, Sandrine (being French), explains that French people eat all the time… at least 4-5 times per day but in smaller amounts than Americans and in a little healthier way (even though Frenchies eat a good amount of cheese!)… So that might be the secret to not be overweight… who knows…

Meanwhile I will continue taking pictures of food/dishes that catch my attention… those that I can’t help to say “OMG what did I order???” LOL LOL LOL…

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    That would be "Ms." Karen :) LOL

  2. Yoshitoshi said...

    Well to me she can be either one... I guess I need to ask her what she wants to be... Miss or Ms LOL

  3. Anonymous said...

    Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.