Last weekend I finally took my mtn bike for a ride or at least that was the thought! After getting some info from Jim about places to mtn bike I decided to just drive to Lickdale (lol lol what a name!) and ride in was what supposed to be some nice trails. Well as you might know I am directional challenged and I really never found the trails. However, I decided to park my car on a camping area and take off from there.

Saturday I did mostly what I call now “rural mtn biking” = ride your mtn bike on rural roads LOL. It was a different scene than the one I am used to… I went thru a lot of farms and saw plenty of dead animals on the side of the roads… making me think “Hmmm could I be the next one?” Then started to snow and got really windy… but I kept on going, I ended up doing over 2 hrs and some miles, I would have kept on going but it was getting dark and the snow was bad… I could see how bad I could be in a road bike meaning how fanatic I would be and maybe spend hrs and hrs riding… maybe it is not a good idea for me to get one!

Sunday I went again to Lickdale and this time I found some trails. The whole time while I was riding I saw a lot of signs “No Trespassing” but well I kept on going I thought “they are not going to shoot me, nahh..?” Also, while I was riding I kept on hearing thunder thinking that it was going to rain soon… well I was with all these thoughts and I came across a knocked tree over the trail… I thought “I can jump that little thing” oh yeah sure… Prazzzz I crashed LOL LOL I am not going into details… just lets put it this way it was a stupid fall and I ended up with a beat up and cut right leg. Great crash! Oh and remember the thunder I was hearing? Monday I told my co-workers about my adventure during the weekend and they told me that the area in Lickdale I was biking is used for testing bombing and the thunder I was hearing was actually bombs LOL LOL…

Today I am picking up the keys of my apt! Yay! I’ll be cleaning the place and moving some of my stuff this weekend… I need to finally buy furniture; I don’t even have a bed! =)

Finally, today I received couple emails for some up coming running races. I am seriously thinking about doing the “double dare” one half marathon in May at MD and another half marathon in Oct also in MD… I think I have time to get ready for the one in May and definitely will be ready for Oct. I told my dearest friend Karen that I am going to start running in the mornings (especially now thanks to the location of my apartment) and working out at the gym in the evenings after work, she thought I was nuts. We shall see…

Well, back to work… till then keep on going!

0 comments:



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.