Yay! I finally found someone that is a true mtn biker… Thank Goodness!!! I thought I was alone in this world LOL… He works in the same company I work but in another division and building… but we have been emailing each other and talking ever since one person “hooked” us up. He is my type of guy because he even does rides at night!!! YAY! That is so cool… he was telling me about his ride on the snow… another trip to Utah… etc… he pretty much does the same things I used to and has done the rides I want to (like Utah and Colorado).

He gave me the Swatara State Park map with the mtn bike trails… If the weather is nice I am going this Saturday… you bet!!! I want to do some more training at the gym and some rides on my own and then join him and couple other guys that ride with him. I feel I am not in a good shape to even keep up with a grandma LOL and I have a little bit of pride when it comes to biking… so that’s why I want to train for a bit on my own.

Also, after hearing almost everyone telling me “get a road bike” I surrender! My new found mtn bike buddy, Jim, told me the same and he even does organized rides Saturdays and 2 times during the week… so there… I am getting a darn road bike. The good thing is that he told me he might be able to find me an used one… that is great! That’s the way to start in every sport… don’t go for the fancy expense brand new stuff, try the sport first with a used or ok bike and then as you progress and like it go for the upgrade… until you end up with a carbon frame super expensive bike =)

What else? Keep on gym training… 4 miles in 32 minutes (not bad)… doing free weights… trying to watch my diet (although I must say Harrisburg has the best French fries I’ve ever had in my life!!! The ones I’ve had are sooo crunchy and still soft inside… they are so good…ok ok enough… I need to stop eating fries!!!)… still searching for apartments… dealing with my relocation… getting headaches at work… etc, etc… pretty much same ole same ole…

Till then keep on snowing (pufffff)

1 comments:

  1. GIsen said...

    Congrats on starting over!



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.