This weekend was the NFL kickoff weekend! What a great way to start almost the weekend with the win of my boys: Colts on Thursday... they looked great!

Summary of the Weekend:

Friday: Stayed home and had a nice dinner... watched Blades of Glory. What a funny movie! I thought "oh it might be too stupid to watch" and indeed was stupid but super funny! I also had my first martini in while...

Saturday: woke up feeling hanged over (thanks to the martini), but I geared up and went hiking to Chimney Rock (see pic of the area with the waterfall) with LJ. Long hike but nice views... I had a great time walking and talking to LJ and getting to know her better (although all the hiking and talking left us exhausted!)... I really liked her comment about the transgender fly LOL LOL... Had a nice pizza for early dinner at Lake Lure…great way to spend Saturday. Thanks LJ! Then, home to watch some college football, but I didn’t make it pass 9:30 pm… by then I was in bed. Amazing, isn’t it?
Sunday: went to church. I had no idea the hrs have changed. Now we have two services: 9:15 and 11:15 am. Well, I got there to the old hour of 10 am to find out the new change, oh well… I went and had brunch and then to the 11:15 service. It was great! After that, geared up and went mtn biking for couple hrs: Up Pinnacle down to Ingles Fields down to Wolf Branch to Fork Left to some other trail to another to I don’t know where LOL to the parking lot. I did a lot of new exploring that’s for sure! I had the wind knocked out couple times… but it was all good. On my way to Pinnacle couple trees felt down… that was a show! See pic. Later that afternoon and night some football watching and by 10 pm I was in bed until I was abruptly waken up by a call… grrrr… but not a biggie… I went back to sleep.Now I am at working having a “battle” about the AC. There is one guy here that probably weights like 300 lbs and keeps on getting hot, so he keeps on changing the AC to cold to a point that I can’t feel my fingers… to a point that other people here keep on telling me how cold they are… but they don’t speak up. I tried to approach this issue in a democratic way, but I guess people are afraid to upset this guy (who to me = nothing), so forget about democracy! I’ve become Che Guevara and took into the mission of getting maintenance to set the same temperature we have thru out the plant and to put a key in the thermostats so changes can be done only by maintenance. End of the problem!

This battle has made me think that there is a big discrimination against “skinny” people in the US. I don’t consider myself skinny, but that’s all I hear at work… I consider myself a healthy person that still has some fat on, but muscle as well and that does physical exercise. I believe a big % of Americans are overweight and they think they have the right to say whatever they want to people like me because if I say something then I am discriminating them because they are fat. The fact of calling me skinny is discrimination. What if I call them “hey fat some” ah? That would be a big deal! Why do we have to accommodate everything for fat people?

This guy told me “your problem is that you don’t have enough fat on you and you have circulation problems” I had to contain myself not to tell him “listen gordo the person with the problem is you… your overweight and lack of exercise is what is making YOU not have good circulation and always feeling hot…” followed by some no so nice comments… Gosh… Mmmm, I can't stand people stupidity at times and I really have to bite my tongue to not blast at them!

Work politics and dynamics….

0 comments:



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.