I am too old for that sh*t!

The statement above is in honor of my dearest friend Liza… whenever we talk about something going on in the lesbian world of 2 degrees of separations she tells me “I am too old for that sh*t” LOL…

This Friday I found myself using that phrase… it was a strange Friday that’s for sure… but the rest of the weekend was just peachy. This is a recall of my weekend:

Friday: I don't eat much candy and I am not a sweet tooth person, but I confess... I love Tootsie rolls... and I ate a bunch of them thanks to my trip to HR to talk about petty cash (darned blame on that! LOL). See pic... I ate all of them in minutes!

Later that afternoon/evening, I volunteered at the beer booth, as usual, for last Downtown After 5 event. It was hectic, but I really enjoyed it… there were a lot of pics taking and hugs and good wishes to the volunteers… some people even made friendships during the volunteering process…

After finishing my shift, I met with some of the PAS people (mtn biking) and we talked about rides, bikes, accidents LOL, trail preservation, and future adventures (we are planning to go camping to Tsali for a weekend and to Dupont in Nov). Later on, I had a bite to eat… and then I thought “mmm I haven’t been to the gay clubs in a while I wonder what’s happening”… so I went to the lesbian club: Hairspray.

Pufff the place changed a little bit but everything else is that same… the DJ sucked (doesn’t make any mixes and puts a lot of booty call music), the girls there are not too attractive and/or could care less to make eye contact with me, and I just felt “too old for that sh*t” LOL… really… I ended up reading an article about Mika and drinking less than half of my beer. Then, I started to think too much and even became a little nostalgic.

As I was leaving (around 12 am), I saw my ex’s best friend there… I felt really weird, not that I got busted because well I am single again, it is just that the way I always saw her was around my ex or around my ex’s friends… It was really stupid from my part because didn’t know what to say! I barely say hi… and left. From that shocking experience or reaction I went to Scandals (the gay club) because I needed to dance… I just wanted to let everything out… dance with the electronica music… the last time I went dancing was the night my ex pretty much decided she didn’t want to further continue our relation… so this was, in a way, a form of moving on and conquer my problems/fears.

Couple girls came and tried to dance with me… but I moved away… I am not interested in that anymore… I didn’t even had a single drink!… I just wanted to dance alone and sober… once again “I am too old for that sh*t” and could care less about picking up drunk girls in a gay club! I actually gave one of them a ride to her place... I was really worried that some guy or girl would have taken advantage of her, gosh she was so drunk! How sad!

Saturday: got up early to meet some fellow PAS mtn bikers to do Mills River at 9:30 am. I got there but I didn’t see anyone! Not sure what happened but, in any case, I went for the ride alone. I went up to Trail Ridge to Spencer Branch to Fletcher Creek Rd to Fletcher Creek Trail intersecting Middle Fork and the little creek –that wasn’t that little and got really wet- back to Fletcher Creek Trail to Reservoir to the parking lot. When I was riding Fletcher Creek Trail I looked down and saw the little turtle walking on the trail like nothing… it was so cute! (see pic). I enjoyed this ride… it was long, muggy, and wet… a lot of tree branches smacking me and the fields were high… but a great ride!


From Mills River, I went to Bent Creek for my second round of mtn biking (yes I am crazy!). There, I met a new friend Mr. Unicycle Man (see pics)… I’ve seen him before during the week (it looks like we go to Bent Cree the same days on the week), so we started to talk… I mean how crazy is that? Mtn biking is hard enough with two wheels… now with just one! And no breaks! And no gears! Well, we ended up riding together and even doing tricks LOL… He showed me some new/more trails and shared some “horror” stories like the time he was biking and a bear chased him on the trails LOL… We are planning to bike together during the week and next Sunday we are hitting Kitsuma at Black Mtn! He said that I’ll end up unicycling some day… Mmm I am not sure about that one!


In summary, I mtn biked about 5 hrs this past Saturday… that is a new record for me!

Sunday: I took it easy… I was going to go to church but I was sore… I also was going to meet the PAS people at 10:30 am for a ride at Bent Creek but I was still tired from Saturday… later that day, I went Downtown for some late lunch and to do some work on my laptop…. Then home… and to bed…

And that’s it… more things to come this week… and more mtn biking rides! Oh yeah before I forget... I am over/cured about the "you are great blah blah but not the right person for me" or the "you'll make a great catch for someone" statements... I feel much better about it... and indeed I'll make a superb catch for some lucky lady! =0)

0 comments:



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.