Holiday Extravaganza

What a holiday weekend! It was maybe the best I’ve had thus far… at least the first one without an emotional roller coaster! Or as I call it “I can be brown I can be blue I can be violeted sky…” that’s Grace Kelly by Mika LOL.

The more I go on and the more I open my eyes to my soul the more I enjoy my internal peace and the silence and tranquility that brings. Hush from the external noises that have caused me at times to become deaf from my inner voice and even become distant and disconnected from my heart and soul. At the same time it is allowing me to find the peacefulness from the quiet surroundings of nature and the company of places, people, and situations that also bring a sense of no talking and no thinking, just enjoy the moment and smile at the blissfulness of being here and now…

Saturday was a terrific day. I went mountain biking to Bent Creek for 2 ½ hrs. My first ride solo to Greens Lick! Went all over the place as a warm up (basically I got lost LOL) and then up Boyd Branch connecting to Ingles Fields to some other trail down to Greens Lick… what a fun ride! Later that afternoon I met with LJ (first time these initials are appearing on my blog that deserve a hooray), I had a fabulous afternoon and evening talking and getting to know her… and for her to get to know a little bit more about me, I hope we continue to get to know each other more and better! Oh the fly suicide is a classic now! LOL

Sunday, I took it easy. I was sore from my Saturday ride, so I went Downtown for a bit (you know me… I like having lunch Downtown and watch people), then home for a cappuccino and reading and later a movie… Later that night my dearest of friend Dary called me. I am so glad you are out of the quicksand you were at “chancluda”… I missed you so much! I know how hard is to have your heart broken… it sucks… but just remember that means hope and excitement because the right person is still out there. You’ll also be the same thing for that person… love and sharing with another person is great, but the most important love is the one within you and the relationship you have with you… when you love yourself you can let others in… and if that person is at the same loving level as you then Ooh la la! I love you so much and know that I will always be here for you!

Monday another mountain biking day, but this time was a mountain biking marathon! Bent Creek: 2 hrs starting at Ingles Field up to another trail down to Greens Lick. This time I did jumps at Greens Lick, it was crazy! My first 2 major jumps! It was like woowowiieieieieieieeiiiieieie LOL I was in the air (after all my bike is a “stump jumper” so I wanted to put it at test) and I thought “you stupid woman… you are riding alone… what if you fall (which can be really easy because this is a technical downhill) and break something or you neck” Mmmm yeah I thought about it… but then I did another jump… wowowowoiieieieieieieieeee LOL.

On my way home I thought “Mmmm I feel like I haven’t done any biking” so I went to Mills River into Fletcher Creek… another 2 hrs of biking. This trail/ride is really quiet. At BC you always see people (that’s why I was not too concerned about breaking my neck, I figured out someone would find me LOL) but at Fletcher Creek you see trees LOL and horse poop LOL… well… I started to think “are there panthers here? Or bobcats? The two NC pro-teams –NFL and NBA- are named after those animals… Mmm what about bears? “I got a little scared but there it was another hill and another jump wowowowowoiieieieieiieiee LOL so that took care of my fears. Great ride! Almost felt off the trail into the side of the hill, but all good… Got smacked several times by tree harms, legs, and heads LOL… but it was all worth it! =)

Great holiday weekend!

1 comments:

  1. Daribella said...

    I love you too "vieja mas chancluda". Thank you for always being there for me through the good & not so good times. You are da bomb!!!



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.