I Graduated... Well Sort Of...

I made it thru the weekend, yay! Here I am back at work enjoying another beautiful day at the office talking about fixed assets, depreciation, and budgets... ahhh I live for this stuff (aha).

Last week I didn't do much of a ride I mostly focused on running and in making it alive from my first trial of mtn biking with "real shoes" = cleats.

Friday, I did a quick run and finally decided to stop all the bull shit about "uyy I will break my leg or arm if I use the real pedals and cleats" and went to Liberty Bikes and had them put the pedals, got me some shoes, cleats, and a very expensive light (so I can do my night race... Gwezz this light is my Xmas present... it cost a fortune!).

Ahh of course I felt on my first trial with Brian (the guy I always talk to when I go to that store) but after that "first fall" I did well... at least I thought so... Later that night I went to celebrate one of my friends' b-day... that was the first time in a while that I've hanged out with her and her friends and it was nice but at the same time it reminded me the "I am too old for that shit" sort of deal... I was more worried about them getting drunk and driving than enjoying the atmosphere and their company... Mmm...

Saturday, met Amy and Jenn for a new adventure: Laurel Mtn at Mill River. Well it took us a while to get there, we got a little lost but after some driving up and down Mills River we found the place!

I got ready with my new shoes and felt just a the start of the ride, puff... but it wasn't that bad! About 5 minutes into the ride I heard a noise and Jenn asking "are you ok?" (I was the last on the line because I knew I was going to be falling all the time thanks to the infamous shoes), when I looked I saw Amy on the side on the trail/mtn.

Well, she felt and had a really nasty cut... gosh poor woman... but kudos to Amy, she kept it together, didn't panic and was a strong woman! We went back to the car... Jenn did a little first aid... but Amy really needed more than just a little first aid. At the end she got some stitches and will be out of biking for 12 days or so.

Ok after that experience... Jenn and I decided to go to Fletcher Creek... good/tough ride! Of course, I felt like mmmm 10 times to the square LOL? Some were just little falls... others were big time! Especially at Spencer Branch, I even went over the handles! Gosh I really ended up with super bruised and beat up legs (today, they look like a eggplant LOL), but it was all worth it! LOL (see pics).

Sunday, I didn't do anything... once again I didn't go to church... I mean I could barely move! My legs really got a good beat up! Nevertheless, I feel really proud of myself for learning the cleats trick/ride and not giving up even when it hurt!

This week... more training: trail running and mtn biking. I must start doing 5 hrs mtn bike rides this weekend otherwise I am going to die when I do the Swank 65.

More updates as the week goes by....

0 comments:



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.