Wow

The week is almost gone and I haven't posted anything! What's wrong with me? Well, nothing is wrong I've just been busy at work... believe it or not... it was about time, right? LOL
Quick summary of last week:
Thursday: quick ride of about 8 miles with my friend Mr. UniMan at Bent Creek... we did our same old same old... just a quick ride to Ingles Fields - Five Points - Hickory Loop - Sidehill - Wolf Branch - back to the parking lot.
Friday: met with couple girls - Julie and Jenn - for another quick ride at BC... we did the same ride as above but this time it took a little longer... you know... we did the "girl talking" deal and "get to know each other" they are really nice girls... at the end we ended up riding the last part of the trip in the dark, yay! That was exciting! LOL
Saturday: met my friend Mr. UniMan for my frist ride at DuPont! That was quite an experience! I loved it and now I want to do more of the trails... I also had my first "over the handles" crash, but I tell you what... it was all well worth it! LOL LOL I almost landed a crazy jump!
Sunday: met with the Asheville Women Clycling Club and other girls from SORBA and just around Ashevegas... it was cool to meet other female mtn bikers... I also had my first flat tire ever!!! but Amy (see her in action) took over and fixed it. It was good to see her in action because now I think I know how to change a tube.
News for this week: I've been feeling "under the weather" and it is Thursday and I haven't done any mtn biking... however, yesterday I did about 45 min trail running... that was a blast! And I think I am hooked with the trail running... it is way more fun than road running... so I'll probably run on the trails again tonight and then gym time. I want to do long mtn bike rides this weekend... about 4-5 hrs each day and then gym time... you might ask why?

Well, this crazy woman has signed up for couple mtn bike races (my firsts ever): the Into The Dark at VA (16 miles on the dark) and the craziest one: Swank 65 which is 65K on the Pisgah forest, yay!

I am also thinking about doing some duathlons (mtn biking and trail running) in the coming weeks before my big test: Disney Half Marathon...

Till then stay crazy and keep on biking!

1 comments:

  1. allan said...

    Hi there. Glad to "meet" you. ;-) I'm not gonna be doing the Swank this year. To much work right now. Good luck with it though. It's a hard race but a lot of fun. Did you move up here from Orlando? Was just wondering. I did also.



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.