Today I received an email from one of the race coordinators that summarizes my “Into The Darkness” adventure:
October 27th - Explore Park - Night Trail Run - Mountain Bike - and November 10th Duathlon
Sorry I missed you during the race.
I went out at 11:45 in search for you. We were afraid you had fallen off a cliff or something.
I hope everything went OK. I heard that you did 3 laps? Is that right. You must be a glutton for punishment.
Josh
--------------------------------------------------------------

Yes friends… I did freaking 3 laps = 24 miles of one of the most horrible experiences I’ve had thus far on my young mtn biking addiction. As much as I try to look at the “fun” side of it I was not able to do so…
The trails were so darn muggy (thanks to the 4 inches of rain that they have been getting in VA for the past 4 days) and rooty that I lost tracking of time and; therefore, doing more than I should have.
I lost count of the times I felt after 15… My right knee was bleeding… I was so beat up… my legs are in a deep purplish color like the color of an eggplant… Mmm ah… this is the summary as I wrote it for my friend Jenn:
In to the Darkness:
- Registration fee: $25
- 200 lmn riding light: $300
- Three mtn bike tubs: $15
- Long sleeve mtn bike shirt: $25
- Long biking tights: $30
- Cool weather mtn bike gloves: $20
- Two tanks of gas for round trip: $60
Driving 12 hrs (round trip) to do 24 miles of torture thanks to the muggy trails of the Blue Ridge on VA and of getting lost and confused by the marking plus the constant thought of a bear jumping out of the woods to attack me...
PRICELESS!
And you don’t even get a medal… I should have received the medal of punishment or/and stupidity… I guess I should take a pic of the t-shirt I got and my number (if I can find it!) and post it here.
Well it is all good… nice training for the Swank 65 in 2 weeks, yay!
Till then stay crazy… Viva La Vida Mtn Biking!

1 comments:

  1. allan said...

    Bloody knees and bruises? Sounds like a good time to me!



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.