Welcome to the Fall!

The fall is finally here, how exciting! I love this season because I never experienced it before until moving to WNC... Costa Rica only has two seasons: wet and dry, and Florida goes about the same.

I love the way the trees leaves start to change in color and the weather starts to get cooler... even the smell in the air is different... oh and with that said I can't wait to mtn bike during the cooler weather! LOL

Ah yeah this past week was a perfect week for mtn biking... the weather was gorgeous and the climate was just perfect, not too hot not too cold... the skies were blue and the nights were bright and beautiful with full or almost full moons. All these scenes make me fall more and more in-love with mtn biking, isn't that crazy? Mtn biking makes me feel happy, content, in-love, alive, peaceful… and a bunch of more good attributes you can think of.

Summary of last week:

- Tuesday: Kitsuma about 12 miles and some on the dark (see prior post) with Mr. UniMan (Jeff).
- Wednesday: Met a friend (Frank) at Jack of the Woods to talk about some of his projects. Later that night had dinner with UniMan; he sprang his ankle really bad on Tuesday, so I wanted to check on him and make sure things were ok.
- Thursday: Bent Creek approx 14 miles; got lost on the woods and it got dark… I didn’t have a light with me (yes I know extremely stupid!) so I rode thinking about momma bear on a trail attacking me… OMG I rode the trails like crazy… I really did a hard leg work-out, but I was able to finally find my way on the woods and make it to the parking lot.
- Friday: low key day. Prepared dinner to welcome the fall season… it was nice to share that with friends.
- Saturday: Bent Creek ride about 12-13 miles = Wolf Branch to Ingles Gap to Hickory Loop to Sidehill to Lower Sidehill to Deerloop to Hardtimes connector to parking lot.
- Sunday: Bent Creek extravaganza with PAS group… all over the place we ended up doing about 16-17 miles… it was a really nice ride!

And this week? Not sure… I am taking off today and tomorrow to go to the gym… might ride Wednesday; Thursday riding with UniMan, maybe take off Friday, Saturday probably do the long version of Fletcher Creek and Sunday meeting the Asheville Women’s Cycling Club for a nice ride in the afternoon…

We shall see what this week brings! Until then, NaNu NaNu!

0 comments:



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.