How sad… that’s all I can say… Cougars lost on the third round of the playoff vs. Charlotte Catholic… How sad! We had a big cheering army… even stopped raining so we could have a good game… how sad!!! We hang in there and I believe dominated the second half… we were tied 0-0… 70 minutes into the game… Goaaaaal Charlotte scored… with only 10 min left we were not able to score… we had our changes… but nothing… nothing was going in… HOW SAD!!!!!!! I am still proud of the Asheville girls they gave their all and perhaps next year might be our year to break the curse of “booted out at the 3rd round”….

In other news, I started my half-marathon training on Monday and thus far I’ve been able to follow the plan although at times my body reminds me that I am not as young as I used to be when I used to train track and field with the National Team (back in CRC), plus long distance training is WAY different than what I used to do… I know some people don’t believe me or understand, but that’s ok… I am very excited about being back in a training routine, I feel much better and I can even feel and see the difference in my body (I like your sexy back yeah… LOL).

Thus far this is what has happened:
Monday: 4.3 miles in 40 min on the elliptical machine (hill - level 6) + shoulders work-out routine
Tuesday: 3 miles in 31.5 min on the treadmill (hill - level 3) + light legs work-out
Wednesday: 3.2 miles in 30 min on the elliptical machine (hill - level 6) and then get the heck out fast to go home and get ready to see the Cougars…

Today I was supposed to get up early and do my 30-40 min run, but I was not able to do it… I couldn’t even move… I was really tired… so now I have to do it before I can go out tonight and meet with some friends to watch the baseball game and have some $1 beers LOL (you know how can you let go a beer for a buck right!?)…

My objective is to do my first half marathon in no more than 2hr 30min… I think it can be possible… and then go down in time on my sub sequential ones… Until I get to be an elite athletic and do a half marathon in 1:30:00 LOL LOL LOL ok that is a little too wacko LOL I am kidding!!!! Sure probably if I stop working and just train maybe I can do that, but I don’t think that would be really wise…

0 comments:



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.