Balance...

I woke up this morning with this question in my mind: What's balance?

In the metaphysical or conceptual sense, balance is used to mean a point between two opposite forces that is desirable over purely one state or the other, such as a balance between the metaphysical Law and Chaos — law by itself being overly controlling, chaos being overly unmanageable, balance being the point that minimizes the negatives of both.

I remember when I took on my own the studies of the "balanced scorecard" and its functionality in the corporate world. I found it fascinating how its concept and analytics brought all the different teams (HR, finance, management, marketing, R&D, IT, etc) and their levels together in a common page to achieve the ultimate corporate goal = the achievement of the strategic plan and perhaps some form of corporate harmony?

Perhaps the "balanced scorecard", Law and Chaos, Buddhism, ecology, and other ideas/concept based on "balance" are right... and all we (as human or just me...) need to do is translate them into our personal life (which can be a hard task itself)... in order to continue to improve and grow... in order to be more human... in order to get closer to the Supreme Force...

Running: I believe the half marathon and full marathons ideas were "not balanced" and a little too much of the extreme. I will continue training and hopefully be able to run a half at some point during this year. Nevertheless, I actually feel I've found my "niche" on the mid distance running... It is still challenging and pushing, but it goes faster! I am super enjoying the 5K thus far... I will go for a 10K soon... and from there see where that leads me to...

Yesterday's 5K (3.1 mile) time and new record for me: 26.26.86
Splits:
1 mile = 8.37.41
2 mile = 8.24.69
3 mile = 8.36.73
0.1 mile = 4.8.03

Yeayiee.... what a beautiful day! I am alive and the weather is great... can't wait to go for a run :)

0 comments:



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.