No Hablo Ingles


For some reason lately I’ve been feeling like my communication in English is getting a little harder… I can hear myself and my accent is stronger than other weeks and months… My vocabulary is becoming more limited or at least it feels like that at times and the formulation of sentences and conversations feel like spaghetti in my brain LOL. The weirdest thing is that I don’t speak Spanish with anyone at all… last week I got to practice it a little bit, but we are talking about speaking Spanish for max 10 min or so…

I think maybe the problem or part of it is that I actually don’t get to practice English that much LOL LOL… How come? Well, I don’t get to talk that much… mostly due to the fact that I am a very introverted person and I am not into “ok let’s form a speaking club” or something like that… I get to talk to people when I need/must to or when I find interesting people to have a conversation with… Other than that, I pretty much spend my days at the office where no one bothers me (well Robert is the only person that drops by my office to talk for a little bit), then home to talk in “cat tongue” and then the gym where I don’t speak…

Anyways… This is the summary of my weekend:

Friday: Forget about it!

Saturday: I went to the gym and did about 2 hrs of just legs. That was a little too much I must say… I was in a little bit of pain when I finished, but heck I thought it would just go away… but no! Today I can barely move LOL and I am supposed to start my halfie training… ouch… I’ll do what I need to do and follow my training schedule, but gosh I am in pain!

Anyways, later that day I went to Jus Running to buy the pair of running shoes I so desperately need in order to do my training. Some chick there measured my foot, saw me walk, etc and was a lot of help with the process… at the end I bought some Mizuno shoes, they were very comfortable and the only ones I didn’t feel like Bozo… I am not used to the long distance shoes… they are bigger and just weird LOL…. Please remember that this is coming from a jumper/hurdles person and the shoes I used to train and run in were way different! Another issue I have to adjust and even learn to for the halfies is to run in a different way not on my tiptoes… stay tune on this one for it is going to be a BIG challenge!

At night, I went to see the Cougars’ game… wow it was the toughest game I’ve seen and that is taking into consideration the World Cup LOL. My Cougars’ ended up tied 1-1, so they went to a double OT of 10 min each, then to a double subtle death of 5 min each, and then to a second round of penalty kicks… in there the girl from the other team missed the kick and we won… the game started at 7 p.m. and ended at 10:45 p.m. Amazing girls… they gave their all at that game… Poor Matt was still catching up his breath LOL. Next game is Wednesday and that should be a good/tough one against Charlotte Catholic… another one that you need to stay tune!

Sunday: I met with some ladies from a group called LIMS and we went hiking to Craggy Gardens (see picture above). It was a lot of fun… I really enjoyed meeting them and having some good conversations, mostly about relations…The day was beautiful and just great for being outdoors hiking! From there, we went to Old Fort to a Pow-Wow event and that was a total bust! I didn’t like it that much… I mean maybe if I were into Native American stuff I would have been “oh wow” but I am not… LOL

Therefore, I decided to leave a little early… went home… took a nice shower… and went downtown to do my Sunday routine: watch people! I stayed outside on the Flying Frog and had a delicious Mojito, read a little bit of a book, watched people, took a look at the Blue Ridge map planning future hikings, and from there went to Blockbuster. I finally decided to rent some movies… I am sort of behind on that area… so now I am doing a review of movies based on how disturbing/weird they are LOL 0 being the least and 5 the most… Also, I have a new mission of watching ALL the movies on this store’s foreign movies section… 0 being the worse to 5 the best…

And that’s it for now… I’ll keep you posted on the Cougars and my training!

Nanu Nanu!

0 comments:



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.