Fletcher Creek Conquered!

I am so proud of myself… this is one of those “big” accomplishments on my young mnt bike life. I’ve been trying to finish this trail for quite sometime and I never finished until yesterday. When I was done I had so many mixed emotions, I screamed LOL, I laughed, I smiled, and I shed a tear…

I was so happy because I did it and I did it by myself! However, then I felt sad because the person that got me started on mnt biking is not longer with me… because the only person that knew how important this challenge was to me is gone… and because that was the first person I wanted to call and tell about my conquest... but I must learn to let go and continue with life and that’s what I am doing, I need to do so, I must do so...

Fletcher Creek was a closing and opening of new chapters in my life... and what a dramatic way to do it!

While I was maybe 45 min into the ride it started to rain, I thought it was a little bit of rain… I mean it is summer and it hasn’t rained for a while, but it ended up being a bad storm! It was raining cats and dogs LOL so I took some shelter and waited for the storm to pass by… I was so wet… so my options were 1. keep on going or 2. turn around and get back to the car. I decided to keep on going.

And I kept on going… I didn’t stop… I didn’t get out of the bike… I kept on going… all muggy and all wet but I kept on going… I found my way thru the trails… I kept on going… I took the up hills like nothing, I was just determined to keep on going… on the trail you are supposed to pass over a creek and because it rained that creek was not so little LOL I saw it and thought “holy creek! But here I go!” and I kept on going… it was so thrilling (I even screamed “wowowowoiieieieieiiieee" after passing it).

The down hills sections were killers and the most difficult parts of the ride… I mean it… some of the most difficult I’ve ever down… very tricky, hard, with rocks and because it rained very slippery, but I took them! Couple times I thought “OMG I am about to kill myself” took big breaths and just kept on going and I had a blast… other times I thought “am I on the right way??? This trail looks like no one has come around for a while” but I trusted in myself and all the time I was right on track…

I feel like a billion bucks, really! Now more than ever I know I am a winner, a warrior, a champ! I can conquer anything that comes around… It is all up to me and I tell you I'll never give up!

Thanks you Fletcher Creek! You were a fun ride!

I am excited about mnt biking and I’ll be out there… conquering more trails… I have a trails book and I am determined to conquer each of those trails. I even got a partner in crime, Brian, Mr. Triathlon Man, from all the people I know he is excited about the adventure and is on the wagon with me… we are going Saturday to conquer maybe Middle Fork stepping up a little notch, or just about any place... I'll go with any suggestion Brian might have!

Stay tune! I might go to some other trail tomorrow… we’ll see… BTW, that reminds me, I have 4 months or so before my half marathon, Holy Cow! I better start training… I might consult Brian or even Jessie, another new found friend he runs half and full marathons, to see what they recommend for training.
C'ya!

0 comments:



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.