A Good Weekend...

Overall a hectic but good weekend… I really can’t complaint… as the days go by they seem to get better and brighter. My heart is getting back in place and I just feel good, peaceful, and super optimistic. At this point I am very content with my life and now more than ever I am finding out my real friends… those that have stuck with me during the good and bad times, and now even finding and making new friends!

Friday: started to do some packing and moving from my old place to the new apartment, I got the opportunity to meet the “dudes” that live downstairs my apartment… they are completely a bunch of real dudes but overall nice and polite.

Later that day, my dear friend LJ invited me to go to the Grey Eagle for a concert and to do a pre-b-day celebration for moi. Also, that was the first time I was going to meet the new girl she is dating. I called my new friend from church, GT, to see if she wanted to go… as we were talking (here comes to the 2 degrees of separation in Asheville) I told her about LJ and she told me she was really good friends with her, especially with her ex. OMG! That was funny… later that night, LJ, her sister and her lady friend, MJ, and GT appeared at the Grey Eagle.

We talked about LJ and GT friendship… LJ told me “remember when you were telling me about looking for a roommate and I told you a friend of mine just came back from Portland and was looking for a roommate… well that friend was GT” LOL LOL… the weirdest thing is that then LJ continued “so how did you meet? In my ping pong party?” OMG… let’s go back to May when LJ had a party during the Holiday weekend. I was there with my ex, AL, and GT got there a little after we left with her ex LOL… that was so funny. Anyways, GT told LJ we meet at church and like GT told her “maybe it was meant to be” (for us to meet)… perhaps so, GT is a friend and I hope this is the beginning of a good friendship… there is nothing better than make and have real good friends!

Saturday: Oh gosh… moving! My dearest friend (control freak, anal, nuclear engineer LOL) RV got to my old house at 8 am and we started to move boxes and furniture into the U-Hal. Thanks goodness my neighbor helped us move “the couch from hell” otherwise we would have ended up spending hours moving just that couch!!! Overall, we finished packing about 10ish. From there, we got to my new place and started to move things. I asked help from my “dudes” neighbors to move that “couch from hell” up into the new place. It was hard because I live on the second floor, but they got it in… with lot of efforts but it finally made it to the place (of course, I got them some beer later that day to thank them for their help!).

Later that day, my friend GT invited me to a cook-out with her friends. When I was driving to the place I was sort of curious about what kind of people I was going to meet… a bunch of Asheville Lesbos (I am always very sketchy about lesbians, even though I am queer LOL)… Would they be a bunch of dykes? People without taste? People without a decent job? LOL I don’t know like I said I’ve always been really sketchy about lesbians LOL. Well, when I got to the place it was a nice house and the girls were really nice and welcoming… they were not butchy or dykes… they were girlie and sporty girls around my age group (late 20s early 30s). Most of them were couples and actually one of the couples is getting married next month!

When I asked what they do for living one of them told me “this… hanging out with friends and loved ones while enjoying the days on the porch, eat some burgers, and drink a cheap beer” LOL but then she said “if you mean about what we do to earn money… I am a mental illness therapist that works with kids from ages 6 to 18, my partner works in the mental illness area too, that one there is a lawyer for domestic violence her partner is a director for a big child care place –they have about 200 kids-, the other one there is a clinical psychologist that works for Copestone, that other one is a product director for a synthesizer manufacturing, and well you know GT works with kids.” I was like WOW these girls actually have gone to college and are professionals LOL.

The best of all is that I was able to freely talk about my hospital experience and my illness too without feeling intimated or bad about it… for them was like “nothing uncommon” like they said… some of them also have the same illness and we were able to talk about their experiences, meds and how they have helped (one of them is taking the same meds as I and also has lost a lot of weight). They were so welcoming and nice… they open their house and their circle to me… little by little I am actually meeting nice/smart/funny/same age group people that are very sincere and really nice.

Sunday: went to church… saw my friend GT and also some other people that I usually talk to at church. Some of them are active member on the LBTG community and they welcomed me with open arms and hearts… they told me about people and activities, now I am part of their circle. Also, one of them is a professor at UNCA and talked to her about possibilities for teaching… I am getting with her and her partner to talk more about it and give me some recommendations. Moreover, I am going to be volunteering on preparing lunches for the AHOPE operation… that should be good! I love going to church… every Sunday I meet more and more people and somehow I feel like some of the older people there have “adopted” me LOL.

Later that day, went to the old house and picked up more “stuff”… went to the new place and continued to unpack, clean, and just put things in place… My dear brother called me and we talked for an hour or so… we'll meet next month… if I have PTO left I’ll go to NYC and hang out with him for a long weekend… if I don’t have PTO then he’ll come to Asheville and hang out with me… I feel so happy for that!

Anyways… that was my weekend… more things to come… such as b-day dinner sometime this week with my friend EL (when she gets back from DC), meeting my friend SC to meet her new bff (best furry friend LOL), more church activities, etc...

0 comments:



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.