Let me tell you...

This was an adventurous weekend! I’ve decided to go to new territories… This is the story…


Friday: I went to have dinner with my friends Gina and Emily well at least that was the plan… I was making my way to Downtown when I got stuck in traffic… I thought it was the Friday afternoon/night rush, but it ended up being a nightmare… I was stuck in traffic for an hour or so! At the end, when I finally made it to Downtown my friends were having dinner, so we re-grouped a little later that night. We went to the coolest bar that I’ve been here… The Skyland… it is located on the balconies of one of the buildings at Downtown… amazing views. As always, I had a great time with the girls… I enjoyed talking Spanish with Emily…

Saturday: I decided to go “furniture hunting” to Habitat for Humanity, Goodwill, and antique stores. Why? Well I don’t to pay a leg and an eye for furniture; moreover, I have this “picture” in my head of what I want for furniture and my place to look like (straight lines, clean, and simplistic and sort of modern)… when I look at the components of this “picture-furniture” around furniture stores/internet they cost a lot…

I ended up driving around… went to Hendersonville for the first time since I moved here… Did I miss anything? No… Hendersonville is an old/sort-of-boring town, but they have a cute little mini-golf place LOL anyways... I was able to have the biggest breakfast of my life… for real… when I ordered I never thought it would be that big especially for $5.50… it can feed 2-3 people! My gosh… who can eat all that? LOL It took two plates!!!! (see picture).

Well, I found most of the furniture I was looking for at the Habitat for humanity and antiques stores in Asheville, places I’ve never really been at before! My buys: a coffee table, end table, dinner table and the two coolest chairs I’ve seen in a while…

Sunday: I didn’t go to church because I decided to continue unpacking and getting my place in a more livable situation. I also went to Lowes to find some of the components I’ll need to “fix” and change the furniture to the way I want it and the colors… Do I know how to do all this stuff? Heck no… Even though I am a lesbian (uy that sounds weird... LOL... I prefer to call/see myself as a "queer woman) and people say that "lesbians" know everything related to home improvement, I really don’t have much “handing/fixing” genes in me LOL… but last night I managed to start on the “fixing” projects and now I am excited! Plus I can tell the ladies “hey look at what I did with my two little hands… I am very handy… don’t I?” LOL that might help me on the wooing process LOL (just kidding!). See picture of the cool chairs (well they are cool to me!).

0 comments:



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.