Oh what a night!

After all, I ended up going out for my b-day with my friend Gina and her best pal Emily. Now this is the best part, where did we go?? To the only lesbian bar in Asheville, Hairspray… and what did we do? Speed dating… that’s right LOL speed dating… LOL

Gina said that it would be a memorable way to celebrate my b-day… after all, who can say that they did that on their b-day? Well, my options would have been: stay at home, eat fried chicken LOL, keep unpacking, and hear Faust mewing like crazy… or… go out with Gina and her friend and laugh at the irony of doing our first speed dating event ever on my b-day… Mmmm

Well, I got myself ready and as a good trooper went for it, of course, not with any purpose of finding a date or my soul mate LOL, I just went to support Gina and to just get out of the house. Also (here comes once again the 2 degrees of separation in Asheville)… Gina said I would meet her best pal Emily; she said she was cute, nice, and one of the few single lesbians in Asheville LOL (which it is a hot commodity). I’ve heard that name before… it is just weird that people have mentioned “you have to meet Emily,” and this is the weirdest part…

Yesterday (before knowing I was going out), I was having an email conversation (if that make sense) with my friend Liza. In one of the emails she said that I needed to meet Emily, especially now that I am hanging out with Gina, so I could talk Spanish with her. Once again… the Emily name. I thought she was one Liza's friends that I met sometime ago during movie night at the Westville Pub… her partner’s name is Allyson and that’s why I remembered her… anyways…

Liza told me that that was Anna (LOL LOL the one I met at movie night) and no… that I haven’t met Emily… because she is her ex. Oh! So last night I met the famous Emily. She is really nice… I was amazed on how well she speaks Spanish (being a gringa)… we ended up speaking about Latin music, adventures, wine, sports, gym, work, etc in Spanish… she was really cool and I hope we get to hang out again, in fact, it would be cool to form a Spanish night with her and Anna… so we’ll see. The other funny thing is that she told me that other people have told her she should meet me so she could practice Spanish with moi.

Continuing with the speed dating deal, even though Emily and I were hesitate to do the event, we were good troopers and did it so Gina won’t be alone… it actually ended up being a lot of fun… just laughed so much at things… It allowed me to meet more people and hopefully develop more friendships like with Emily!

Later that night, we ended up in another bar well known for their desserts… Gina got me a slide of cake… they put a little candle and sang “feliz cumpleƱos” to me…

I had a blast… it ended up being one of the best b-days I've ever had… Thanks girls you made my night!

0 comments:



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.